Major Events Of P.P. Reddy’s Life
- 1989: P.P. Reddy founded Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Limited (MEIL), which started as a small firm that provided irrigation consultancy services.
- 1990s: MEIL grew rapidly and began taking on major projects in the fields of power, water supply, and irrigation. Some of its early projects included the commissioning of a 400KV substation in Hyderabad and the construction of the Pochampad reservoir in Telangana.
- 2000s: MEIL expanded its operations beyond India and began working on projects in other countries, such as Afghanistan, Tanzania, and Bangladesh. It also diversified into new areas such as oil and gas, with projects including the laying of gas pipelines in India.
- 2010s: MEIL continued to grow and take on major projects in India, such as the construction of the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme in Telangana, which is one of the largest irrigation projects in the world. MEIL also became involved in renewable energy projects, such as the development of solar power plants in Telangana.
- 2020: Despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, MEIL continued to work on major projects and achieve milestones. In August 2020, MEIL commissioned the largest lift irrigation scheme in the country, the Kaleshwaram project, which provides water to over 45 lakh acres of farmland. In December 2020, MEIL won the bid to construct the world’s largest solar power plant in Rajasthan, with a capacity of 4,000 MW.
P.P. Reddy has been recognized for his contributions to the infrastructure and construction industry in India. He has received numerous awards and honors, including the EPC World Awards for Outstanding Contribution in Infrastructure Development and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Indian Construction Industry Development Council. P.P. Reddy is an Indian businessman who has made significant contributions to the infrastructure and construction industry in India. He is the founder and chairman of Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Limited (MEIL), which is one of the leading engineering and infrastructure companies in India.