The third edition of DDay, a startup demo day event organized by 9Unicorns and Venture Catalysts++ saw 23 startups raise a total of $80 million in funding. The event was held on April 18, 2023, and attracted over 700 investors.
The startups that raised funding at DDay 3 represent a wide range of industries, including fintech, healthtech, edtech, and e-commerce. Some of the notable deals include:
- Mswipe, a fintech startup that provides point-of-sale (POS) solutions, raised $20 million from 9Unicorns and other investors.
- Pigeon, a healthtech startup that provides telehealth services, raised $15 million from Venture Catalysts++ and other investors.
- Edunext, an edtech startup that provides online learning solutions, raised $10 million from 9Unicorns and other investors.
- ShopUp, an e-commerce startup that connects retailers with suppliers, raised $5 million from Venture Catalysts++ and other investors.
The success of DDay 3 is a testament to the growing interest in Indian startups. The event also highlights the importance of accelerators and incubators in helping startups raise funding and scale their businesses.
Here are some of the key takeaways from DDay 3:
- The Indian startup ecosystem is thriving, with a wide range of startups raising funding.
- Accelerators and incubators are playing a vital role in helping startups raise funding and scale their businesses.
- The fintech, healthtech, and edtech sectors are some of the most active sectors in the Indian startup ecosystem.
- The global funding environment is still challenging, but Indian startups are still able to raise funding.
DDay 3 is a significant event in the Indian startup ecosystem. The event has helped to showcase the potential of Indian startups to the world and has attracted some of the most active investors in the market. The success of DDay 3 is a sign that the Indian startup ecosystem is on the right track and is poised for further growth in the coming years.